When you own a laptop, you want everything to be protective and safe, no matter what. But it’s not possible in reality because when you install new software and do stuff on your laptops, it may get viruses and malware from various resources. To avoid such cases and to clean your laptops, we often go with the factory resetting option.
Here we are focusing mainly on the Acer laptops and giving you an accurate guide with correct information to help you understand how to factory reset Acer laptops. Make sure to read the steps mentioned below with total concentration so you will not mislead in any way. Remember that being a machine, it is not necessary that it will stay secured and safe throughout the usage.
This is why you should know about resetting your gaming laptop more safely and protectively so that you can use it easily without any problems and compromising its safety. Moreover, you would not want to have serious issues with your computers, so you should know how to factory reset Acer laptop.
Resetting Acer Laptops
Following are the two primary methods of factory resetting in your Acer laptops. They are easy to do and will keep your laptops in a clean environment without compromising their safety.
Factory Resetting Through Acer Care Center
This is said to be the first and foremost choice for factory resetting in Acer laptops. This is because it is a program present in all Acer’s laptops models that work explicitly for factory resetting. Furthermore, this procedure provides you with the option of creating a backup of your data and restoring it later.
To go with the factory resetting through the Acer Care Centre option, you need to have this Acer care center installed on your laptop. And when you have installed it, make sure to read the following guide to factory reset your Acer laptop while using Acer Care Centre correctly.
- Turn on your Acer laptop and go on to the search bar. Type recovery in the search bar and look for the pop-up options.
- The pop-up options will let you see the option of the Acer Recovery Management option. Click on this option to choose the recovery method.
- You will then be directed towards the Acer Care Centre. Now, as soon as you enter the Acer Care Centre, select the option of getting Started. It will lead you towards the reset your PC option.
- This resetting your PC option will give you two other options, which include removing everything and keeping my files option.
- Selecting the remove everything option is the best possible selection here, so go for that without confusing yourself with the other one.
- Now, this clicking will take you towards the further details of cleaning. This opens up the options of either only removing the files or cleaning the drive, too, in addition to the removing of files.
- Now it depends on you what you prefer. Click on the option which you want for your laptop.
- Now click on the reset button, which is present at the bottom of the window.
- Some instructions will appear on the screen. Make sure to follow them carefully to end your rebooting procedure.
Factory Resetting Through Keyboard (ALT and F10 Buttons)
This is another method that helps you factory reset your Acer laptop with the use of the keyboard. This can be done quickly and correctly by using the Windows recovery environment. Make sure to read the following instructions carefully if you have planned to factory reset your Acer laptop while using the ALT and F10 buttons.
- You need to turn off your Acer laptop while pressing the power button directly from the keyboard for almost 5 to 6 seconds.
- Your laptop will be turned off. Then carefully switch it on again until you see the Acer logo on the screen.
- As soon as you see the Acer logo on the screen, pay attention to your keyboard and press the ALT button with the F10 button both at a time.
- Wait for a moment, and you will then be directed towards the choose an option screen, which will give you three different options to choose from.
- Move the cursor onto the troubleshoot and click on it.
- Now there are two different methods for factory resetting, one for Windows 8 and one for Windows 7. Carefully select the method to follow according to the windows you have on your laptop.
For Windows 8
- Click on the option to reset your PC if you have Windows 8 on your laptop. Now click on the Remove everything option.
- After clicking on the remove everything option, carefully click on the restart option to start the factory resetting procedure.
- It will not take much of your time, and soon you will see that the factory resetting process is completed. And when you know the process is finished, there will be some instructions on the screen that you have to follow to complete the process correctly.
For Windows 7
- After restarting your laptop and pressing the F7 and ALT keys simultaneously, select the restore option available on the screen.
- You will be directed towards the different options on the screen so that you can select the one which you want.
- Make sure to read all three of them correctly and understand them before selecting the one. Now it’s up to you which one you will choose, and as soon as you decide, the restoring procedure will begin.
- Carefully follow the instructions on the screen to make sure you have factory reset your Acer laptop with Windows 7 correctly.
Does factory resetting delete everything on the laptop?
Factory resetting options are different from hard resetting options. These factory resetting options are not considered the perfect options if you want to remove and clean everything from your laptop.
The data you think you have deleted from the computer via factory resetting is still present on the hard drive. In easy words, we can say that factory resetting means that the data is still in your laptop, but you cannot access it.
What is the boot menu key for the Acer laptop?
The most common key to making your device enter into the boot menu is the F12 key specified for Acer laptops. Remember that we are talking about the Acer laptops because not every computer needs to be operated in the same way.
Which function key is for the boot menu?
Different keys are used for entering into the boot menu depending upon the models of the computer, laptops, and windows you are using. The most generally used and common ones are ESC, F12, F10, and F2. Moreover, the differences between these keys also depend upon the motherboard the computer is using.
Dealing with laptops is not tricky, but you need to pay attention properly to them. If you’re on an Acer laptop, you need to know the different procedures that you can do with it to make it safe and secure from viruses and malware.
Anytime you notice that some software has a virus in it and cannot be uninstalled, then you go with the selection of the option of factory resetting your laptop.
I have concluded the two most straightforward and quickest ways of factory resetting your Acer laptop in the article as mentioned above. Make sure to read both of them with proper attention and without skipping a step to learn everything related to the factory resetting of these machines.
Before acting practically, make sure to understand every effort to perform factory settings accurately and correctly.