Restoring the laptop at times becomes compulsory to remove any viruses and malware. It’s not complicated, but relatively straightforward to factory reset your Compaq laptop so that it can stay safe from severe malware and viruses. This article includes a step-by-step guide towards the factory resetting of the Compaq laptop.
Make sure to attend the article with full attention so you can reset your laptop without any problems and misleadings. Factory restoration of the computer is an essential factor that plays a vital role in cleaning warnings from your computer.
Moreover, it is also necessary for your laptop because some software that carries viruses with them are designed to stay in your computer and cannot be uninstalled as well. Keep in mind to read the article until the end so no step is skipped and every point is understood correctly.
Here we’ll tell you everything you need to know on how to factory reset Compaq laptop
Factory Resetting Compaq Laptop
Resetting your Compaq laptop is not tough and only needs a little attention from the right guide. Methods of factory resetting on this laptop doesn’t differ much from resetting other laptop brands like Acer. This article will let you know how to factory reset the Compaq laptop with a few easy steps. Make sure to understand so you would be able to reset your computer conveniently.
Steps To Factory Resetting of Compaq Laptop With Windows 10
- Start with clicking on a “start” option on your laptop screen and choose”program”.
- As soon as you click on the “program”, a window will open that will let you see the option of “HP system recovery”.
- Click on this and then click “OK”. Clicking on the ok option is a crucial step to reboot the laptop into recovery mode.
- When you click on ok, you will see the options for Type of recovery. Make sure and carefully hit the “Advance” option. Now click “enter” to finalize your factory setting.
- Now, wait for a while, and you will see the option which will ask you to restart your laptop after the installation has been finished.
Steps To Factory Resetting Of Compaq Laptop With Windows Vista
- Keep in mind that you need to bootUP your computer to factory reset it in case you have your Compaq laptop with Windows Vista installed.
- Turn on your laptop and wait until the logo appears on the screen.
- As soon as you see the logo on the screen, make sure to carefully press the F8 button until you see the screen has been entered into the menu showing “Advanced Boot Options”.
- Look and select the option of “Reset with Command Prompt”.
- Now you have to pay exceptional attention to the further procedures. In the command line, make sure to enter ” rstrui.exe carefully”. Now click on the “enter” key.
- Now it depends on you whether you want to log in through the administrator’s account or not. If yes, then enter the administrator’s password to reuse your laptop.
Steps To Factory Resetting Of Compaq Laptop With Windows XP
For factory resetting of Windows XP, you first need to have a Windows XP setup disc. This is a must-have item for you to initiate factory resetting.
- While using this Windows XP setup disc, carefully install the Windows XP on your screen.
- After proper installation, restart your laptop and wait for the message to appear on the screen. The message will say, “Press any key to boot from the CD”.
- Now, as the instruction says, click on any key to continue the booting. As you enter the key, you will see the welcome pad of Windows XP on your screen.
- Click on the enter button when you see the welcome pad of Windows XP.
- Terms and conditions will appear on the screen and make sure to read them at least once to understand all the legal conditions related to this procedure.
- Press the F8 key after reading the terms and conditions to let the computer know you have understood and accepted all of them.
- Now you are almost at the last step. Select the hard drive which you want to format.
Is factory resetting too bad?
No factory setting is not a bad option for clearing any viruses and malware in your laptop. Instead, it is an excellent step to clear all the malware present in your machine. It does not remove any operating system of your machine. Alternatively, it takes your computer towards the brand new stage of its apps and software.
Is factory resetting safe?
Factory resetting is a safe step to make sure that your laptop is not containing any malware and viruses. In case you notice any virus that cannot be uninstalled, in such a case, you only have the option of Factory Resetting your computer to make it safe and secure from the effects of the virus. But one major drawback of factory resetting your laptop is that it removes every kind of data present in your machine.
Does a factory reset delete everything from your computer?
Yes, a factory data reset step, when taken on the computer, erases every kind of data present in its brain. But keep in mind that it only deletes the data present on your computer, and it cannot harm the data secured on your Google account.
You can quickly get back your data from your Google Cloud in case you have stored it there. It is a recommendation that if you want your data to be safe forever, then always keep it in your Google account.
Factory resetting your Compaq laptop is not difficult, but we cannot say that it is easy either. If you belong to some software or technological field, it would be a piece of cake for you. Alternatively, if you have no connection at all with the computer field, then this may seem a nightmare for you.
But trust me, the right guide will lead you towards the successful factory resetting of your Compaq laptop.
This article has been written while keeping in mind the need for those unaware of computer setups. Make sure to read the guide and understand each step mentioned below every heading.
This is important because you need to collaborate the windows you have in your Compaq laptop with the procedure of factory Resetting. After analyzing the windows model and the steps to follow, go with the factory resetting method without any complications.