How to Fix a Dell Inspiron Laptop That Won’t Boot
How to Fix a Dell Inspiron Laptop That Won’t Boot – Easy 3 Methods
Many users face problems like laptop won’t boot up into windows when they buy a new laptop. You might get annoyed when you spent a much amount of cash to find out your laptop isn’t booting up properly.
It’s unfortunate that many of the Dell Inspiron users still face such issues. But you don’t worry more because here we are. In this article, we’ll let you know how to fix a Dell Inspiron laptop that won’t boot.
But to more specific, you’ll need to figure out that what is the exact problem that you are facing with the Dell Inspiron laptop.
There are two possibilities of two issues, whether your laptop is turning on but cannot boot up the Windows Operating system or your system is booting up. To find a perfect solution, you need to know what is the actual problem with your laptop.
Read Also : 15 Best Laptops Under $600 in 2023 – Reviewed
If your computer isn’t starting, then it might be the issue of hardware loss or software breakdown. And if your computer isn’t able to boot up, then there are more chances that it might be happening because of any software problem which doesn’t allow the system to start the Windows Operating System.
Some times the reason might be any software or any application which can’t properly. The security software, i.e., antivirus applications, also cause some problems. So, to solve this problem, you’ll need to remove that application from the system.
If you cannot find any specific reason for this problem, we’d advise you to head out to any technician or software developer assistance.
How to fix a Dell Inspiron laptop that won’t boot
So, your computer is not booting up, so there is might several possibilities for this to happen. Don’t worry, here are some methods by which you can fix a Dell Inspiron that won’t boot.
Method 1: Perform a hard reset
Performing a hard reset to your laptop might be a helpful way that saves you from a lot of hassles. It drains the residual power of the laptop from which these problems occur. Here’s what to do:
- Power off the laptop
- Then disconnect the AC adaptor or power cord and then remove the battery
- Now, unplug any peripheral devices like printer cables, USB drivers, media cards etc.
- Now, press the power button and then hold it for 30 seconds to drain the laptop’s residual power.
- Then, connect both the battery and connect to your laptop.
- Now, turn on your laptop and check if it is opening or not. If your problem doesn’t get resolved, then try other methods.
Method 2: Check the battery of the laptop
- First of all, turn off the laptop, take the battery out and connect the AC adapter to your laptop.
If the battery’s the primary reason for not booting up the Dell Inspiron laptop, it would be fixed in this method.
Method 3: Reset the BIOS default values
Sometimes, it happens that you open up the laptop and the boot process is completed, the Dell logo appears and then disappears suddenly, and if you get to see any of these symptoms
- Laptop gets stuck at Windows logo
- You hear the fan noise.
- Black screen on the screen with cursor only.
- You get messages displayed on the windows screen.
Here are some fixes that you can use:
By resetting the BIOS to the default value
- Firstly, restart your laptop
- Then, make sure that before the laptop gets opened, you repeatedly press the F2 key to enter into the BIOS menu
- You will get to see different keys and different setting. Depending on the different BIOS settings, choose wisely the settings that you want to access.
- Then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now that you have made the BIOS settings changes make sure you save the changes and then exit the BIOS.
Perform the clean Boot
Here is another method that allows you to get rid of the Dell Inspiron laptop that isn’t booting up. By performing clean Boot up on your system, your issue can be solved, but make sure you boot your windows into safe mode.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key
- Then type the system configuration and get into its settings
- Then, click on the services tab
- Click on Hide all Microsoft services options
- Then click on Disable All.
- Now, click on the startup tab
- Then, click on the Open the task manager
- Now click on the startup tab and select the programs that are interfering and disable them.
- Done. Now, restart your laptop and check if the issues are resolved or not.
Find and Remove the malware infection or virus
If your laptop isn’t opening, then there are chances that your laptop has got infected by a virus. So, you need to remove the malware-infected file or virus from your system.
You can do so by installing a strong and efficient antivirus that strengthen walls against virus or infected files. Run a scan on your system to find out the infected files if there are any. There is plenty of antiviruses available. You can download them easily.
Method 4: Format your laptop and reinstall the Windows
If you have tried all of above the methods and none of those methods solves your issue of fixing a Dell Inspiron laptop that won’t open, then I guess it’s time to have our final option is to format your laptop and then reinstall the windows.
Before your format your laptop and reinstall the windows in your system, be sure that you have saved all of your data into USB or external hard drives, or you can also create a backup of your files via the cloud.
Generally, the windows get formatted from the settings, but as the case is different here, your Dell Inspiron laptop is not booting up, so to install the windows, you will have to go through another way to reinstall your windows.
Your hard drive will be formatted automatically, and all the files from your system will delete automatically.
You need to recover the media file by inserting the DVD or USB into the DVD drive USB port. Then shutdown and restart your laptop. On opening up, press the F12 button repeatedly.
A menu will open, look for the UEFI BOOT and then choose the device that suits your media type. Then choose the language that you want to use.
After that, a list of options will appear on your screen. Click on “trouble shoot“. Then select the options to recover the files from the drive.
The process might take longer, so be calm with the process.
Go to the laptop service centre
If any of the above-written methods don’t work out then, we’d advise you to go to the Dell laptop service centre. There might be an issue with the server that’s stopping your laptop from booting up. So, to solve the server issues, you’ll need an advanced systematic solution.
So, this was all about how to fix a Dell Inspiron that won’t fix. In this article, we’ve listed some methods that will help you out. Feel free to connect with us through our comments section.