Are you trying to download battle.net app for windows 10/8/7 computer? And It’s stuck at “downloading new files” and want to fix this issue then you are at the right place. Here I am going to share a step by step guide to fix ‘battle.net won’t install on Windows 10/8/7’.
Blizzard Battle.net is one of the most popular internet based video games cum social network platforms, developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard has a collection of some most popular computer games which includes Warcraft III: Reforged, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Battle.net works like an Agent which helps you to initialize and install patched blizzard games on your computer. Unfortunately the agent sometimes failed to initialize the application. Sometimes the agent also does not download the data from the server or install any game files.
So here in this guide, I am going to show you a step by step guide to fix battle.net wont install issue on Windows 10/8/7.
But before we continue, read our review on the top graphics cards for your gaming needs.
How to fix Battle.net won’t install on Windows 10
Method 1: Run Battle.net launcher as Administrator
Running the Battle.net installer as an administrator can often solve installation issues. To do this, follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to navigate to C:\Program Files\Battle.net.
- Now you have to right-click on the Battle.net Launcher.exe and the click on Properties.
- Now a pop-up window will appear. There you will find a menu at the top of the screen of the pop-up box. Now look for the Compatibility tab and then click on it.
- Then click on the ”Run this program as an administrator” box.
- And then confirm changes.
- That’s it.
If running the installer as an administrator doesn’t work, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Update Your Computer and Router
Most of the time the Agent gets failed to download the data from the server due to unsupported system modules. And a quick update to the Operating system can easily solve your problem regarding installation issues. Follow the below solution.
- Navigate to the Start Menu.
- And then go to the Settings.
- You need to click on “Update & Security”.
- You have to click on Windows update located at the left side panel.
- Now you can see the “Check for updates” option at the right side of the panel. Just click on it. That’s it. You can see the below screenshot
Method 3: Clear the Battle.net Cache Folder
Clearing the Battle.net cache folder can also help resolve installation issues. Here are the steps to follow:
- Close the Battle.net application if it is running.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “%ProgramData%” and hit Enter.
- Find the “Battle.net” folder and rename it to “Battle.net.old”.
- Restart the Battle.net installer and try the installation again.
Method 4: Turn off the Antivirus
Sometimes Quick Heal or McAfee antivirus block the Battle.net launcher as It detects a virus in a Blizzard folder. The process of patching or updating games can look suspicious to antivirus. Follow the below guide:
- Navigate to Start > Settings.
- And then navigate to Update & Security > Windows Security.
- And then go to Virus & threat protection > Manage settings.
- Now you have to switch Real-time protection to Off.
Once the installation is complete, don’t forget to re-enable your antivirus software.
Method 5: Reinstall DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
The Battle.net installation process requires DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables to be installed on your system. Reinstalling them can help resolve installation issues. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Battle.net installer folder and find the DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables folders.
- Run the DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables installers.
- Restart your PC and try the Battle.net installation again.
1. Do I need to have DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables installed on my system to install Battle.net?
Yes, the Battle.net installation process requires DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables to be installed on your system. If they are missing or corrupted, it can cause installation issues.
2. Can a weak internet connection cause Battle.net installation issues?
Yes, a weak or unstable internet connection can cause issues with the Battle.net installation process. Make sure your internet connection is stable and has enough bandwidth before trying the installation again.
3. Why should I keep my system and software up to date?
Keeping your system and software up to date ensures that you have the latest security patches and bug fixes, which can help prevent potential issues in the future. It can also improve the overall performance of your system and software.
Blizzard Battle.net is the best games launcher which allows you to play a wide range of video games online. Battle.net allows you to install patched games very easily in just a couple of minutes. However, sometime, the agent of the battle net launcher does not get connected to the server which causes the installation error.
The best solution to solve this problem is to update the operating system. If the installation is blocked by an antivirus program then you might have to disable the antivirus for sometime so that the agent can download the data from the server.
Thanks. I hope that the step by step guide has helped you to sort out your problem. If you are still facing the problem regarding installation of battle.net launcher on your Windows 10/8/7 then you can add a comment in the comment box below. I will try my best to solve your issues.