How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart tv – Easy to Follow
As you know, how much Television is evolved in our daily lives and the best thing about getting a smart TV is that you can get watch thousands of TV shows, movies and other various televisual content through streaming. Smart TV like Vizio lets you stream content through other networks apps which you can add according to your preferences.
Unlike other TV’s that only grants you access to limited pre-installed apps, Vizio apps are different, and it allows you to download other preferred apps too so that you can enjoy a movie-like theatre and watch your favourite video content while sitting in front of your TV setup.
Vizio TV’s are popular ever since its arrival. They are one of the biggest sellers worldwide, especially in the United States. The brand Vizio regularly mixes with big-hitters such as Samsung, Panasonic, LG and Sony thanks to its classic combination of amazing features and attractive design, and it stays on the list of top TV.
Vizio owns a knack of making high-end TVs with reliable picture quality with a reasonable price tag. With the Smart cast home screen, you can easily browse and stream thousands of movies and TV shows.
Read Also:HOW TO PLAY IPHONE IOS GAMES ON PC
Despite the fact that Vizio TV offers a wide range of apps which are enough for anyone but some people want some additional apps too. Well, we are not here to criticise anyone but we appreciate them for having a unique a different taste for TV apps.
To solve this problem for them, we have written an article over How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart tv collection. So without further ado, let me take you directly to your concern.
Models of Vizio Smart TV
Managing and adding new apps to Vizio smart TV and home theatre Display works differently depending upon the system you have. These systems are divide into three categories smart cast, Vizio internet apps and Vizio internet apps plus.
System breakdown of Vizio by model year:
- In 2015 and older, Vizio smear TV offers Vizio internet apps or apps+.
- In 2016 and 2017, Vizio smart TV offers either Vizio internet apps+ or intelligent cast.
- In 2016 and 2017, tuneless Home theatre offers smart cast.
- In 2018, and present all Vizio smart TV’s offers smart cast.
To identify the specific model of your system, check the user guide. To use or manage any of the Vizio apps’ platform, it is very crucial that your TV or Home theatre display must be connected to your home network or the internet.
Guide to adding an app to your Vizio smart TV.
A smart TV device can either be a television set with integrated Internet capabilities, or it can be a set-top box fox TV that offers more advanced computing capabilities. Luckily, Vizio falls into the second category and is a very established brand of smart TV. Using their services, it will help you to make your TV smart via their smart cast dongles. So, in this guide, we will tell you how to add and manage apps on Vizio smart TV in straightforward steps.
- Adding apps on a Smart cast TV.
- Adding apps on a VIA + TV or VIA.
- Deleting apps on a VIA + TV or VIA.
Adding apps on a smart cast TV
With the help of smart cast, you can use smart cast mobile apps to have access to a new group of apps that you can directly cast to the display or TV.
The addition process of new apps is as same as you perform on a chrome device.
- Make your way to Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Select the Chrome-cast enabled app which is available for casting.
- Move your pointer over it, and it will give you an option to install the app.
- Tap on install.
- Once the app is installed, the app is now integrated or added into your smartphone’s cast selection.
- To cast the newly added app, open it and tap on the cast logo over it (same logo chrome cast uses) on the top side of your smartphone screen.
- And it’s done. Enjoy the streaming.
Adding apps on a VIA + TV or VIA
- Click on “V” button your remote control of Vizio TV to get to the apps home menu.
- You will see a bunch of options on the upper side, click any one of them that will take you to the app store. These options will be named as Featured, All Apps, Latest or categories.
- Find and highlight the app or apps, and you want to add to your smart cast that is not already on your list.
- For TVS, that features a VIA, press “OK” and scroll down to install the app.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, the apps will be added to your viewing collection. For those TV’s that have VIA, press and hold the “OK” button until the app has been added to the viewing list or My Apps list.
- To select and play the content from the app you’ve recently installed, you have to click on its associated icon using the TV’s remote control.
- And that’s how easy it is done.
Deleting the Apps on a VIA or VIA TV
- To delete an app from viewing section, you will have to roll your pointer over it, highlight the app you want to delete—a submenu will pop-up which includes a delete option. Find the delete option from the menu and click “OK” button next to the delete option and the app will be removed.
- Another way to remove the app is to remove it from the source, where you have installed it. Open Google play store or app store and search the app you are looking for to delete. Once you find the application tap on it, and there you will see an uninstall button, tap on it and the app will be uninstalled after a while.
How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart tv cast
If you don’t want to add apps to your smart TV, then you can use Vizio smart cast to add movies and shows in it. Vizio smart cast app is easily compatible with any smartphone and tablet. You can use the intelligent cast app by using the Chrome cast device.
Follow the steps to add apps on your Vizio smart cast
- If you are using an Apple device, then go to the App Store, and if you are using an Android smartphone, then make your way to Google play store.
- Select an available Chrome cast- enabled App.
- Tap on it to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, then you can cast the selection.
- Just like the smart TV shows movies and TV shows to your display, the smart cast can also do the same. You have to cast it from your iOS or Android device mobile device. The Vizio Smart cast will automatically detect the cast and display it to your screen.
Preinstalled smart cast TV core apps
Smart cast is a capability by which TV grants you access to the access to apps or your smartphone or tablet that are capable. If you download the smart cast app on your smartphone or tablet, it will give you a list of programs that you can smart cast to the TV.
Here is the list of preinstalled smart cast TV core apps.
- YouTube TV
- Watch Free
- TV Games
- Toon Goggles
- Prime Video(Amazon)
- Pluto TV
- Love destination
- iHeart Radio
- Fandago Now
- Dove Channel
- Curiosity Stream
- CBS News
- CBS All Access
Customising and managing the smart cast core apps
To customise and manage the smart cast core apps, you can use Vizio’s Customize App row feature. This allows you to change the order in which the core apps will be displayed on your home screen or viewing list so that you can group up your closer and favourite apps together.
Here is a short guide on how you can Customize App Row
- At the left upper corner, you will see a blue-coloured icon of Customize App Row. Using your remote control, select Customize App Row icon.
- Now you have to select an app which you want to move. Move the app using the provided left and right arrows cursors. When you are done with customising the apps, select “OK” and then tap on the “Done” button. If suddenly your mood changes and you don’t want to change the positions of the app, you can select “Cancel.”
Guide on how to update apps on Vizio smart TV
I always love to use up-to-date apps and surely so do you. We often find people asking about how to update apps on Vizio smart TV. So we decide to lighten up this part too in our article so that you don’t have to research anymore, here is all you need to know.
So the only way to update apps on Vizio Smart TV is to firstly, remove the apps and then reinstall the app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Turn on your TV and press the “V” buttonor VIA button placed right in the middle of remote control.
- Navigate the pointer to the app you want to update.
- In your remote, you’ll see a yellow-coloured button on your remote. Press it while highlighting the app you want to update.
- Consider yourself lucky if you see an “Update” button, click on it to update the app. Or click the “Delete” button and follow the on-screens info or prompts to remove the app from your TV.
- Once the app is deleted, you have to open the App Store or Play Store and navigate to the app you’ve recently uninstalled.
- Select the “Install” button to download the latest version of the same app.
How Vizio Smart cast works?
The necessary foundation of the smart cast is the Google Chrome cast platform. In this platform, the content of any internet app can be displayed on a TV with the help of casting it from any compatible smartphone or tablet.
In short, it means that you won’t be needing a dongle to connect chrome cast to a TV, instead of that the TV has a built-in chrome cast.
Not only it goes to streaming content, but smart cast smartphone/tablet also offers beyond casting by featuring control to all TV functions, including input selection, sounds settings and picture calibration.
Besides, when you initiate a cast, the TV will automatically switch from current source input which is TV channel or any of the HDMI inputs, to the casting source.
When you select or search for a movie or a TV show, smart cast automatically allows you to see that in which apps that particular movie or TV show is available, instead of having you to check each apps’ films and TV shows. Smart cast isn’t only smart by name; it also suggests and provide recommendations to you based on watch history.
The ending line
Today, Vizio is one of the finest cases for smart casting movies and shows. Under reasonable prices, the smart cast is offering things that most of the other platforms aren’t offering such as better aggregation of streaming content and support for both Chrome cast and Airplay 2.
Vizio’s software is continuously becoming fluid and popular among the people. With the smart cast home installed, you can browse TV shows and movies and see a list of how you can stream them.
When you make a selection or search of any TV show or movie, the smart cast will automatically take you to the appropriate app from the program listing. Moreover, the Vizio TV also offers voice search, and there is now a push-to-talk button for voice control to ease the use of an application.
if you have any doubts regarding or need help then feel free to comment below. we will be happy to help you.