Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution. It is crafted with an intelligent operating system with a plethora of security and forensic options and 600 different penetration tools to facilitate network analytics and hackers.
It has security updates and tools used for penetration testing, security analysis, computer forensics, and research.
Kali Linux is affiliated with hackers. Whether ethical or unethical hacker, Kali Linux is used by most of them due to the array of tools and services it provides to its users.[toc]
Companies also hire professionals who can handle and safeguard their security systems and fix the loopholes by using this software.
However, you don’t just need to be professional, skilled, and versatile in ethical hacking; you also require a powerful machine that can efficiently perform your tasks without any lags or glitches.
A Laptop with excellent specifications is the performance that supercharges your workflow and expedites the long and exhausting penetration tasks is a must requirement to run the software, qualifying your laptop as the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
If you are working from your home or have an online job, it is even more crucial for you to pick the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
After extensive probing and review analysis and Amazon rating, we have compiled a list of the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
Top Reviewed Laptops
We have assembled a list of the best laptops for kali linux, giving you detailed guidelines about the product specifications, advantages, and disadvantages of the laptops mentioned below. So without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Alienware 17 R4
- CPU: It has a Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ processor
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- STORAGE: It has 16GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB hard drive and 128GB solid state drive (SSD)
- DISPLAY: It has a display screen of 17.3″ Full HD with a resolution 1920 x 1080 display
- GRAPHICS: The graphics are operated by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics with 8GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory
- BATTERY LIFE: 2 hours 5 minutes
Alienware is one of the most eminent gaming laptops. It has a large display screen with a high resolution which helps with sharp images and high quality visualization.
The memory is sufficient enough to accomplish all your security tasks and store the files and data with overall memory of 16 GB, 128 GB hard drive and 1 TB hard drive.
It also has intel i7 which is faster and efficient than most of the processors and accelerates your long tasks. So overall, it has a good performance.
2. Apple MacBook Pro
- CPU: It has a Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- STORAGE: 512 GB storage
- DISPLAY: It has an excellent 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- GRAPHICS: It runs on the AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- BATTERY LIFE: It has a battery duration of 11 hours.
The Apple Macbook Pro has been manufactured as an ideal machine with the latest and efficient processor that accelerates your work and prevents your laptop from heating up.
It has an impressive 16 inches display screen and an excellent design. The graphics are run by AMD Radeon Pro. It has a long battery life that facilitates your long tasks without any battery issues.
It has four Thunderbolt ports for the transfer of data and files. Even if you want to store a large amount of data in your device, there’s sufficient storage for everything.
3. ASUS VivoBook M580VD
- CPU: It has a Powerful 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz processor (Turbo up to 3.8GHz), with a standard voltage for full performance
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM
- STORAGE: 256GB M.2 SATA3 SSD + 1TB HDD combo for balanced speed and storage capacity.
- DISPLAY: It has a 15.6″ Full HD colour rich, anti-glare display.
- GRAPHICS: It also has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics
- BATTERY LIFE: 4 hours 33 minutes
The ASUS Vivobook is designed by the renowned ASUS and works great for Kali Linux. It has all the desired specs required for the operation of the software.
It is powered by an extremely efficient 7th generation Intel core i7 that functions faster than the standard and the common processors making your task accomplish faster. It works on a standardized voltage for full performance. It has a 15.6 inches display screen with anti-glare color-rich display.
Hence, you can work on the Laptop for hours without strain on your eyes. It runs on NVIDIA graphics and provides flawless visualization. The total memory capacity is 16 GB RAM and 256GB SSD and also 1 TB HDD for storage of your bulk files and data. It also operates on the latest windows 10 that keeps your device updated.
4. Acer swift 3
- CPU: It has an 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- STORAGE : Total memory capacity includes 8GB LPDDR3 Memory & 256GB SSD
- DISPLAY: It has a 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- GRAPHICS: The graphics work on NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM.
- BATTERY LIFE: It has Up to 10-hours of battery life.
The Acer swift 3 runs on the latest generation of Intel core i5 Processor while its graphics work on NVIDIA GeForce that is a leading graphics company. It has a 14 inch HD widescreen.
The total memory capacity includes 8GB MEMORY AND 256 GB SSD cards. The battery life is quite impressive and probably the best feature at a reasonable cost. The battery duration can last until 10 hours for your convenience.
5. Lenovo ThinkPad E15
- CPU: 10th generation Processor Intel core i7
- RAM: Up to 16GB DDR4
- STORAGE :
- DISPLAY: 15.6″ inches display screen FHD (1920 x 1080), TN, anti-glare
- GRAPHICS: Integrated UHD graphics on UMA
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 12.2 hours on a 45Whr battery
The latest model of Lenovo Thinkpad is packed with great specs. It has an efficient and fast processor to accelerate your work. The device is supported with 16 GB RAM.
The display features are impeccable with a high resolution and a large screen. The graphics are powered by Integrated UHD graphics on UMA. The battery life is also excellent.
6. Acer Predator Helios 300
- CPU: 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- STORAGE : 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- DISPLAY: 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display
- GRAPHICS : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics
- BATTERY LIFE: Runs upto 7 hours
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is powered by an efficient and heavy processor Intel Core i7 of the latest 9th generation, strong enough to support Kali Linux. The display is 15.6 inches wide and has a high resolution to enhance the visualization. The display is LED Backlit.
The graphics are controlled by NVIDIA Geforce that are one the best graphic companies out there. The total memory is 16 GB and 256 GB SSD which you might consider upgrading in case you need more.
It is sufficient for moderate storage of data and files. Windows 10 operates on the device that keeps the laptop upgraded.
7. Dell G5 15
- CPU: 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- STORAGE: 16 GB Total computer memory
- DISPLAY: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-Glare LED backlight non-touch narrow border IPS display
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics
- BATTERY LIFE: Runs upto 7 hours
This model of Dell G5 15 is powered by the 9th generation of the Processor Intel core i7 that is efficient and performs tasks at a faster rate. The eminent NVIDIA Geforce runs the graphics of the device. It has a 15.6 inches display anti-glare display screen with backlit LED.
This means you can easily use laptops for a long time without straining your eyes. The total memory of the computer is 16 GB and it is supported by 16 GB RAM.
This is adequate for fulfilling the requirements of Kali Linux software. Another plus point of the device is, it has a dual-fan cooling system that prevents your device from heating up.
Hence, you can carry out heavy tasks without heating your device.
8. Razer Blade Stealth 13
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8565U processor
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- STORAGE: 512 GB total storage and 16GB dual-channel memory
- DISPLAY: Thin Bezel full HD display: Visually stunning matte full HD screen with 100 per cent sRGB colour saturation
- GRAPHICS : NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (25W) 4GB VRAM graphics
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 13 hours long battery life
The Razer blade stealth 13 is one of the most notable gaming laptops that has an array of great specs. It also runs on the latest generation processor Intel Core i7 and has sufficient RAM storage of 16GB DDR4.
The display features include a large Full HD screen with RGB colour saturation options. The graphic system runs by the notable NVIDIA Geforce.
Another important and great spec of this model is the long battery life to support the long-lasting tasks of KALI LINUX.
9. Dell XPS 13
- CPU: 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- RAM: Upto 8 GB RAM
- STORAGE: Max Memory: 64 GB
- DISPLAY : 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Infinity Edge display
- GRAPHICS: Intel Integrated HD Graphics 520.
- BATTERY LIFE: 15 hours 2 minutes
The Dell XPS 13 has great specs and overall system performance. It runs on the latest 8th generation of Intel Core i5. The device has 8GB RAM to support your data and system.
The display features are impressive to produce great visuals, providing sharp images with a high resolution.
The graphics are operated by Intel Integrated HD graphics 520. The battery life of the laptop sustains for more than 15 hours. Even during heavy tasks and long pentesting tasks of KALI LINUX, you can use your laptop without draining the battery.
10. HP PAVILION 15
- CPU: 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM
- STORAGE: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- DISPLAY: 5.6-Inch IPS Touchscreen FHD (1920×1080)
- GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M/Intel HD Graphics 530
- BATTERY LIFE: 8 hours battery life
HP Pavilion 15 offers a great price to performance ratio. It offers great specs within a reasonable price range. The HP Pavilion model runs on the latest generation of Intel Core i5.
It has great display features and touchscreen options. The visuals are appealing with a high resolution. The graphics are operated by NVIDIA Geforce and Intel HD graphics.
There’s sufficient storage to run KALI LINUX and spree the data and files. The battery life is also good.
11. Lenovo IdeaPad Y700
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ Quad Core (2.60GHz Processor to 3.5GHz with Turbo Boost)
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- STORAGE : Storage 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
- DISPLAY : 15.6″ Full HD Display With 1920x1080p Resolution
- GRAPHICS: Graphics Card GeForce GTX 960M With 4GB dedicated video memory
- BATTERY LIFE: Runs until 7.5 hours
The Lenovo Ideapad Y700 offers a number of impressive specs. It has a strong and robust framework. The Processor is a highly efficient and fast Intel Core i7 of 6th generation.
The RAM is 16 GB DDR4 that supports all the data and files. There’s sufficient storage of 1TB HDD and 256 GB SSD card. The display features a large screen with a Full HD screen and a high resolution.
The Graphics are operated by Geforce which has 4GB specially dedicated to video memory. The battery life is also good.
12. Dell Inspiron i5577
- CPU: 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, Base Frequency 2.8 GHz, Max Turbo Frequency up to 3.8 GHz)
- RAM: 16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4
- STORAGE: 512GB Pie Solid State Drive AND UPTO 32GB Memory
- DISPLAY: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
- BATTERY LIFE: upto 7 hours 38 minutes
Dell Inspiron i5577 comes with a stylish and great design. It also offers a wide range of specs including a fast and efficient processor Intel Core i7 of 6th generation.
It supports the system with 16GB RAM storage. The display features are impeccable with a large anti-glare screen with a high resolution and a backlit display.
The Graphics are run by notable NVIDIA Geforce. The storage is also sufficient enough with an SSD card offering up to 512 GB.
13. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- CPU: 8th-gen Intel Core i5, Core i7
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB
- STORAGE : 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB solid-state drive (SSD
- DISPLAY : 12.3 inches (2736 x 1824 pixels)
- GRAPHICS: Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i5) Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i7)
- BATTERY LIFE: upto 13.5 hours
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a versatile device that offers a wide variety of specifications. It runs on the latest 8th generation of Intel Core i5 which can be upgraded to i7.
The RAM also has 8GB or 16 GB options. So you can choose according to your requirements. The display features are also good.
It has a screen size of 12.3 inches with a high resolution that produces sharp images. The storage options vary ranging from 128 GB to 512 GB. Another impressive feature of Microsoft Surface Pro is its long-lasting battery.
14. Asus FX504 TUF
- CPU : 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz)
- RAM : 8GB DDR4 high-frequency 2666MHz RAM
- STORAGE : 256GB M. 2 SSD
- DISPLAY : 15.6-inch 1,920 x 1,080 display
- GRAPHICS: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- BATTERY LIFE: 4 hours 20 minutes
Asus FX504 TUF is a good option when it comes to the specs and the performance it offers. It is equipped with an 8th generation Intel Core i7 Processor and supported with 8 GB RAM sufficient to run KALI LINUX.
It also has a 256 GB SSD card and offers impressive display features that include a large screen with a high resolution. When it comes to Graphics, it is controlled by Geforce GTX, the best one there is for gaming performance and multitasking.
Here is a buyer’s guide for all hacking professionals or beginners. This guide includes the specifications you need to consider while selecting the Best Laptop for Kali Linux. You should prioritize your requirements and look for the device with the specs you stand in need of.
So take a peek at the factors important in the Best Laptop for Kali Linux:
The minimum storage for running KALI LINUX is 128 GB. However, you can even choose a laptop with a total storage capacity of 1 TB or even more. It depends on the amount of data you want to store in your device.
If you want to store more data and files on your device, it is better to choose a Laptop with spacious storage capacity. A large storage capacity is a great spec that is a MUST in the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
The minimum requirement for RAM storage has to be 2GB to only operate the Kali Linux in a laptop. The original instructions for the installation of Kali Linux state that the requirement is about 1 GB.
But according to our recommendation, it should be more than 8GB RAM. The tasks aren’t usually very heavy but do require proper memory for the storage of files and data.
This sufficient RAM is a key factor in THE Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
Kali Linux doesn’t deal with graphics but to stay on the safe side, we will recommend you to go for the top-notch graphic companies. The two industry leaders which include NVIDIA and AMD Radeon.
Both of them are affordable at cost and excellent in performance.
However, NVIDIA is preferred over AMD for Kali Linux. So you need to look for great graphics .
A powerful processor is an important feature of THE Best Laptop for Kali Linux so that it helps you in efficient task performance. What makes a Processor faster and increases its clock speed is the number of chips it has.
For Kali Linux, Intel Core i5 or i7 is generally recommended that helps you with the smooth running of the software. If you choose a processor below that, your tasks will be slow and there might be glitches in the performance.
With long penetrating tests and security tasks, a highly powered processor is a requisite so that you can perform your tasks efficiently at a faster rate. Hence, a laptop with the latest processor can serve as THE Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
You don’t need a massive screen with extravagant display features. It’s okay if you have a moderate screen size. But it would be best if you buy a laptop which offers you an anti-glare screen so that it keeps you away from eye strains.
It is also recommended to look for high resolution so that high quality images are produced.
A display with great features qualifies a laptop as the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
You must choose a Laptop with a longer battery duration because while performing heavy tasks your battery drains faster. A battery with a duration of about 6-7 hours hours is a minimum.
It would be great if your battery life is long and can sustain even with long pentesting tasks. This is an important factor especially to examine in the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
Is Kali Linux banned or illegal?
Kali Linux is an operating system just like any other operating Window System. It is totally legal to install Kali Linux and Kali Linux is not banned.
However, it depends on the use of the App. White hackers who use it for pentesting and security purposes, use it legally. While, black hackers who use this software to hack, spy or stalk others use the app illegally.
Are gaming laptops suitable for kali linux?
There are many gaming laptops out there with great specs suitable for Kali Linux. Gaming Laptops usually have a fast processor and spacious memory and RAM space make them an ideal Laptop for running Kali Linux. Gaming laptops are specially designed for high performance so you can anticipate a good performance when it comes to operating KALI LINUX.
So if you are considering a Gaming Laptop for Kali Linux, it can qualify as the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
We have highlighted the significance of a laptop while working with software like KALI LINUX. A laptop with the required specifications is an essential asset dealing with heavy softwares and performing lengthy tasks.
For your convenience and to help you choose THE Best Laptop for Kali Linux, our above list discusses all the important specifications that you must consider while selecting THE Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
Since the requirements and needs vary from one use to another, you cannot solely rely on the reviews of other users. You need to have a basic knowledge about the specs and features of the laptop you are about to choose.
Therefore, we have curated all the pros and cons of each laptop and reviewed the specs, so that you can easily select Best Laptop for Kali Linux with the specs that suit you the most and invest your money in the right laptop.
You also need to pay attention to your budget. If you have a large budget, premium gaming laptops and Apple MacBook Pro can serve as Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
However, if you want to choose a budget-friendly laptop, options like Acer and Dell are great and can qualify as Best Laptop for Kali Linux.
We hope we have dealt with all your queries related to KALI LINUX and the Best Laptop for Kali Linux.